It’s like pizza, but with a pastry base instead! Served with mash, just ’cause.
Pizza Pastry Tarts
- 1 x packet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1/2 a jar of red or green pesto
- lacto-free cheese, grated
- pepperoni slices, cut into quarters
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
Cut the pastry into 4 evely-sized rectangles. With a blunt butter knife, score gently to make a square on each pastry recvtangle, leaving a border of about 1cm.
Brush the squares with pesto. Add onion and pepperoni, and top with grated cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with oregano. Brush the edges of the pastry rectangles with egg.
Bake in oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes, until golden and bubbly.