- 2tbsp lactose-free butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1/2tsp dried thyme
- 1/4tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4tsp celery salt
- 750g mix of beef and pork mince
- 150ml full-fat lactose-free milk
- 150ml red wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 4tbsp tomato puree
- 300ml stock
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- Spaghetti and garlic bread, to serve
Heat the butter and oil in a large pan. Add the onions and garlic, and sweat for 5 minutes. Add the dried herbs and celery salt. Sweat for another 5 minutes.
Add the mince and cook through until browned. Add the wine and cook out. Add the milk and do the same. Add the tomatoes, puree, stock, salt and pepper, and mushrooms. Stir well, and leave to simmer, covered, for an hour. Stir often.
Skim off any excess fat and cook for 10 minutes without the lid, whilst cooking pasta and garlic bread. Serve together.